Japanimation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Mt. Carmel's Japanimation Forums! Weekly meetings are Thursdays at Lunch in N6!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  Reviews & RecommendationsReviews & Recommendations  MAS  VideosVideos  GamesGames  LinksLinks  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  
Welcome to the new year Japanimators! Meetings have begun in room K-3 Thursdays at lunch! We hope to see you there!
NOTICE! Because it's the start of the new year, all member EXP will be reset to zero.
ATTENTION: Our weekly meetings have been moved to Thursdays in Room K3! (English Building)
Interested in going to Anime Expo in 2016? Check out the details under the "Announcements" tab!
Miss a club meeting? Check out what we did this week on the Recap Tab!
Are you interested in presenting a review or recommendation? Go to the updated Reviews & Recommendations tab for more info!
Click on the Usergroups tab and join fangroups for your favorite anime/manga/video games!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Control Panel
Your Profile
Information
Preferences
Signature

Community
Friends and Foes
Memberlist
Groups

Private Messages
Inbox
Outbox

Forum Topics
Watched Topics
Favorites

Your RPG Character
Character Profile
Poll
What day do you want ASA to be on(After School Activity)
Monday
favorite type of video game fighting style for RPG, i need your help! Vote_lcap22%favorite type of video game fighting style for RPG, i need your help! Vote_rcap
 22% [ 13 ]
Tuesday
favorite type of video game fighting style for RPG, i need your help! Vote_lcap15%favorite type of video game fighting style for RPG, i need your help! Vote_rcap
 15% [ 9 ]
Wednesday
favorite type of video game fighting style for RPG, i need your help! Vote_lcap13%favorite type of video game fighting style for RPG, i need your help! Vote_rcap
 13% [ 8 ]
Thursday
favorite type of video game fighting style for RPG, i need your help! Vote_lcap15%favorite type of video game fighting style for RPG, i need your help! Vote_rcap
 15% [ 9 ]
Friday
favorite type of video game fighting style for RPG, i need your help! Vote_lcap35%favorite type of video game fighting style for RPG, i need your help! Vote_rcap
 35% [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 60
Music
JapaniMUSIC by Japanimation on Grooveshark
Follow Us on Facebook!

favorite type of video game fighting style for RPG, i need your help!

Go down 
4 posters

which do you prefer in an RPG game
Turn Based
favorite type of video game fighting style for RPG, i need your help! Vote_lcap0%favorite type of video game fighting style for RPG, i need your help! Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Real Time
favorite type of video game fighting style for RPG, i need your help! Vote_lcap80%favorite type of video game fighting style for RPG, i need your help! Vote_rcap
 80% [ 4 ]
Combo
favorite type of video game fighting style for RPG, i need your help! Vote_lcap0%favorite type of video game fighting style for RPG, i need your help! Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Tales of...
favorite type of video game fighting style for RPG, i need your help! Vote_lcap20%favorite type of video game fighting style for RPG, i need your help! Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
SO style
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
ryusenshi
Otaku
ryusenshi

Character Profile
Class:
Level:
HP:
favorite type of video game fighting style for RPG, i need your help! Left_bar_bleue9001/9001favorite type of video game fighting style for RPG, i need your help! Empty_bar_bleue  (9001/9001)

favorite type of video game fighting style for RPG, i need your help! Empty
PostSubject: favorite type of video game fighting style for RPG, i need your help!   favorite type of video game fighting style for RPG, i need your help! EmptyTue Jun 30 2009, 11:49

Hey guys it's me again with another poll, but this one is relevant to something i wish to create in the future. to those of u who know me, you know that i want to be a video game designer. to those of you who dont know me very well, i want to be a game designer. and for may game i didn't know what type of fighting style to use, so i need ur help.

btw, the game is an RPG.

Turn Based- like Pokemon and Final Fantasy X (you go, ur opponent goes, u go, ur opponent goes, etc.)

Real Time- like Kingdom Hearts and Zelda (more like an actual fight, monsters come out of nowhere, but u can lock on to the nearest opponent to make it easier).

Combo- like Final Fantasy X-2 and Final Fantasy VIII (u have to wait for a gauge to fill up before ur next attack).

Tales of....- like the "Tales of..." games, Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Vesperia (real time, but fight monsters in set amount of space, no limits on regular combos except the traditional break after the combo, and magic gauge for special attacks)

SO style- the Star Ocean way of fighting, SO Till the End of Time, SO A New Hope (real time, but fight monsters in a set amount of space, and a system that somewhat limits the amount of combos by taking up what is called "Fury", if u stand still long enough the Fury gauge refills).

u will be doing me a huge favor by answering this poll. if u are confused, here are some youtube videos on the game play of some of the games, they aren't that great but they should give you a general idea of what i'm talking about. i assume i dont need to put videos about Pokemon and FFX

zelda-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqzg1w3rWR8&feature=related just watch first few min. to get an idea of fighting

Kingdom hearts-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlfZBzOm9aY&feature=related

Final Fantasy VIII-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-GWqNXW9DY make sure u fast forward to 5:22 the fight is at this point

Tales of Vesperia- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO1jPFVUFLU this is my personal favorite style

OS the last hope- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyEHoiXloRE just one fight after another
Back to top Go down
meyeri
Otaku
meyeri

PostSubject: Re: favorite type of video game fighting style for RPG, i need your help!   favorite type of video game fighting style for RPG, i need your help! EmptyThu Jul 02 2009, 01:54

hmmm this is a hard one.
I like turn based, but then it makes the game easier
I like the guage where the bar fills up and then you attack
(I especially like it when you go into the options and make the battles go by faster, which makes the enemy's attacks and your gauge fill up faster in proportion--very helpful when marathon leveling for a boss or something)

I'd have to say combo, however it depends on what sort of game graphics you're going to be using.
2d I would say combo, with the gauge and all.
If it's going to be amazing 3D and taking advantage of today's and the future's evolving technology, I'd say it should be real time.

gosh I don't know what to vote. I'll eventually decide and you'll see the results.
Back to top Go down
HeroofDarkness
Otaku
HeroofDarkness

Character Profile
Class:
Level:
HP:
favorite type of video game fighting style for RPG, i need your help! Left_bar_bleue999/999favorite type of video game fighting style for RPG, i need your help! Empty_bar_bleue  (999/999)

PostSubject: Re: favorite type of video game fighting style for RPG, i need your help!   favorite type of video game fighting style for RPG, i need your help! EmptySun Jul 12 2009, 17:11

I like the real time style used in KH, but I also like the style of star ocean. I voted for the real-time, but if you could find I way to combine them it would be better.
Back to top Go down
IceDragon03
Geek
IceDragon03

Character Profile
Class:
Level:
HP:
favorite type of video game fighting style for RPG, i need your help! Left_bar_bleue9999/9999favorite type of video game fighting style for RPG, i need your help! Empty_bar_bleue  (9999/9999)

PostSubject: Re: favorite type of video game fighting style for RPG, i need your help!   favorite type of video game fighting style for RPG, i need your help! EmptyThu Oct 15 2009, 23:31

I LIKE ALL THE GAMES YOU MENTION except the ones i dont know but they are probably good too XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: favorite type of video game fighting style for RPG, i need your help!   favorite type of video game fighting style for RPG, i need your help! Empty

Back to top Go down

favorite type of video game fighting style for RPG, i need your help!
Page 1 of 1