Japanimation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Mt. Carmel's Japanimation Forums! Weekly meetings are Thursdays at Lunch in N6!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  Reviews & RecommendationsReviews & Recommendations  MAS  VideosVideos  GamesGames  LinksLinks  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  
Welcome to the new year Japanimators! Meetings have begun in room K-3 Thursdays at lunch! We hope to see you there!
NOTICE! Because it's the start of the new year, all member EXP will be reset to zero.
ATTENTION: Our weekly meetings have been moved to Thursdays in Room K3! (English Building)
Interested in going to Anime Expo in 2016? Check out the details under the "Announcements" tab!
Miss a club meeting? Check out what we did this week on the Recap Tab!
Are you interested in presenting a review or recommendation? Go to the updated Reviews & Recommendations tab for more info!
Click on the Usergroups tab and join fangroups for your favorite anime/manga/video games!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Control Panel
Your Profile
Information
Preferences
Signature

Community
Friends and Foes
Memberlist
Groups

Private Messages
Inbox
Outbox

Forum Topics
Watched Topics
Favorites

Your RPG Character
Character Profile
Poll
What day do you want ASA to be on(After School Activity)
Monday
Shuffle! Discussion [SPOILERS!] Vote_lcap22%Shuffle! Discussion [SPOILERS!] Vote_rcap
 22% [ 13 ]
Tuesday
Shuffle! Discussion [SPOILERS!] Vote_lcap15%Shuffle! Discussion [SPOILERS!] Vote_rcap
 15% [ 9 ]
Wednesday
Shuffle! Discussion [SPOILERS!] Vote_lcap13%Shuffle! Discussion [SPOILERS!] Vote_rcap
 13% [ 8 ]
Thursday
Shuffle! Discussion [SPOILERS!] Vote_lcap15%Shuffle! Discussion [SPOILERS!] Vote_rcap
 15% [ 9 ]
Friday
Shuffle! Discussion [SPOILERS!] Vote_lcap35%Shuffle! Discussion [SPOILERS!] Vote_rcap
 35% [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 60
Music
JapaniMUSIC by Japanimation on Grooveshark
Follow Us on Facebook!

Shuffle! Discussion [SPOILERS!]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lavitz97
Lavitz97

Character Profile
Class: Random Student
Level:
HP:
Shuffle! Discussion [SPOILERS!] Left_bar_bleue56921387235/99999999999Shuffle! Discussion [SPOILERS!] Empty_bar_bleue  (56921387235/99999999999)

Shuffle! Discussion [SPOILERS!] Empty
PostSubject: Shuffle! Discussion [SPOILERS!]   Shuffle! Discussion [SPOILERS!] EmptyTue Sep 14 2010, 15:44

This thread contains lots of spoilers (not in spoiler tags) for Shuffle!

Before the actual discussion, Shuffle! was originally a visual novel, which was later turned to an anime, and is basically a CYOA story but in anime form. Here are some pics :<

The Beginning + A Choice
Shuffle! Discussion [SPOILERS!] Ex1
Shuffle! Discussion [SPOILERS!] EX2
Two Separate Endings
Shuffle! Discussion [SPOILERS!] Ex3
Shuffle! Discussion [SPOILERS!] Ex4

After watching the anime and reading the visual novel, I have noticed several differences between the two, especially the art. In the anime, I have noticed that Shuffle! had followed multiple paths which confused the viewer into guessing who Rin was supposed to choose. Later on, we find that Rin ends up with his senpai. Not exactly my cup of tea but awh well. For the visual novel I had chosen two separate endings and to be frank....I was surprised that the anime had actually shown several endings at once but in the end Rin chose one girl (sadness). There was also a few scenes that were cut out of the anime that were in the visual novel that I will not go into detail with you all, mainly because.....blah yeah not saying.

Anyway... the point of this /thread is to discuss who Rin should have gone out with and why; and to make it more fun I want to know what sets apart one girl from the others.

DON'T JUDGE ME! I'M CURIOUS D:!!
EXTREME EXAGGERATED QUESTIONMARK I CHOOSE YOU!!!1!
Shuffle! Discussion [SPOILERS!] Sheswaitingforyoutohither
Back to top Go down
Zero
Shut-in
Zero

Character Profile
Class: Prince
Level:
HP:
Shuffle! Discussion [SPOILERS!] Left_bar_bleue21/21Shuffle! Discussion [SPOILERS!] Empty_bar_bleue  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Shuffle! Discussion [SPOILERS!]   Shuffle! Discussion [SPOILERS!] EmptyTue Sep 14 2010, 16:26

I personally think he would have gone with Kaede. Come on...they even lived together for a long time and she's basically his bi----"best friend."

Bff > Older person.
Back to top Go down
Lavitz97
Lavitz97

Character Profile
Level:
HP:
Shuffle! Discussion [SPOILERS!] Left_bar_bleue56921387235/99999999999Shuffle! Discussion [SPOILERS!] Empty_bar_bleue  (56921387235/99999999999)

PostSubject: Re: Shuffle! Discussion [SPOILERS!]   Shuffle! Discussion [SPOILERS!] EmptyTue Sep 14 2010, 17:17

Well I guess I can see that happening but that girl is kinda like a housewife... Reminds me of an old 80's sitcom in blackandwhite where the husband is out partying/working like a baws and the wife is at home doing all the chores. I think Nerine would have been a better choice since she's kind and tender :3

Also...Shuffle! Discussion [SPOILERS!] 42952043
Back to top Go down
Zero
Shut-in
Zero

Character Profile
Level:
HP:
Shuffle! Discussion [SPOILERS!] Left_bar_bleue21/21Shuffle! Discussion [SPOILERS!] Empty_bar_bleue  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Shuffle! Discussion [SPOILERS!]   Shuffle! Discussion [SPOILERS!] EmptyTue Sep 14 2010, 17:29

Kind, tender, but in my opinion she's too reserved and shy. I know its ironic for me of all people to be saying it but if she ended up with Rin she'd be more of a servant to Rin than Kaede...just without the ability to cook.

P.S. She almost traumatized me. Oh my God.

Here's how I rank my char endings:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Zero on Tue Sep 14 2010, 18:29; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lavitz97
Lavitz97

Character Profile
Level:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Shuffle! Discussion [SPOILERS!]   Shuffle! Discussion [SPOILERS!] EmptyTue Sep 14 2010, 17:52

Ok I kinda agree with the whole shy and reserved part but I guess that's just a difference in opinion. In my opinion she would be a servant like Kaede but with more of a conscience. She wouldn't be constantly doing chores and be unaccepting for help from Rin but again this is mostly my opinion. And how did she almost traumatize you? By far I believe they all traumatized you in their mid route so don't go pinning it all to Nerine, though I would have pinned it on Primula since she made Rin seem more like a pedobear Razz.

P.S. not exactly what I meant in my PM with you earlier, kinda wanted you to post a new topic for discussion but oh well.
Shuffle! Discussion [SPOILERS!] Av-40

Here's my list:
1. Nerine - Not only is she shy but it's due to her faith in Rin is what actually sets her apart from Kaede

2. Asa - I liked the fact that she had a good sense of humor, most animes seem to forget this and just go basing it around the usual stereotypes like loli or tsundere instead of having normal qualities. I guess I have accepted her as the ending for the anime but I would have prefered Nerine :3

3. Kaede - Again, kinda like what you had said since she is the most anticipated to have been chosen as a match with Rin seeing how she is a caring/motherly type and a childhood friend of Rin.

4. Primula - She seems to have gone through lots of changes in both the anime and the visual novel. She is kinda like an android who starts off with no emotions but as the story progresses we get to see that she begins to develop those human-like qualities which makes her human.... or close to it.

5. Lisianthus - Another one of those funny characters who we all end up loving no matter. She has good qualities in helping out her family as we see with her father a bit later on in the anime and she also has those motherly qualities.

6. Kikyou - This one had boggled my mind a bit and I was surprised to see that you hadn't included her(HOW COULD YOU? SHE WAS PART OF THE STORY LINE D:!!). She seems to be like the "bad girl" of the series and is pretty manipulative for a character. Not really an antagonist and still love-able. She is kinda like a new student who clings to their first friend as they attend their first year of school and begins to make friends along the way. A nice choice but not too much about her to be put to the top of the list.

7, Mayumi - A character who gets added into a later part of the visual novel series and is shown in the anime as a starting character. I personally liked her because of her sillyness and her determination. I would have picked her to be atleast one of the top 3 however there is not enough background information about her for me to actually choose her as a match for Rin.
Back to top Go down
Zero
Shut-in
Zero

Character Profile
Level:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Shuffle! Discussion [SPOILERS!]   Shuffle! Discussion [SPOILERS!] EmptyTue Sep 14 2010, 18:26

Why would you count Kikyou and Sia separately? Aren't they sharing the same body and whatnot? Oh and maybe we'd might want to put spoiler tags just in case.
Back to top Go down
Lavitz97
Lavitz97

Character Profile
Level:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Shuffle! Discussion [SPOILERS!]   Shuffle! Discussion [SPOILERS!] EmptyTue Sep 14 2010, 18:37

****INSANE SPOILER ALERT!! TURN AWAY IF YOU WISH TO NOT KNOW ABOUT SHUFFLE CHARACTERS/PLOT LINE****

Well...I'd count them separately because they are two separate entities/personalities and I count that to be two different people. But I guess in the real world, we'd just say that a person who seems like several different people in one body would have multiple personalities but in the anime/visual novel we find that the two were infact different people in their own body but end up in one body but with two separate minds. So yeh....still two different people yo Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shuffle! Discussion [SPOILERS!]   Shuffle! Discussion [SPOILERS!] Empty

Back to top Go down

Shuffle! Discussion [SPOILERS!]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Japanimation :: Otaku Discussion Corner :: Anime-
Jump to: