Japanimation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Mt. Carmel's Japanimation Forums! Weekly meetings are Thursdays at Lunch in N6!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  Reviews & RecommendationsReviews & Recommendations  MAS  VideosVideos  GamesGames  LinksLinks  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  
Welcome to the new year Japanimators! Meetings have begun in room K-3 Thursdays at lunch! We hope to see you there!
NOTICE! Because it's the start of the new year, all member EXP will be reset to zero.
ATTENTION: Our weekly meetings have been moved to Thursdays in Room K3! (English Building)
Interested in going to Anime Expo in 2016? Check out the details under the "Announcements" tab!
Miss a club meeting? Check out what we did this week on the Recap Tab!
Are you interested in presenting a review or recommendation? Go to the updated Reviews & Recommendations tab for more info!
Click on the Usergroups tab and join fangroups for your favorite anime/manga/video games!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Control Panel
Your Profile
Information
Preferences
Signature

Community
Friends and Foes
Memberlist
Groups

Private Messages
Inbox
Outbox

Forum Topics
Watched Topics
Favorites

Your RPG Character
Character Profile
Poll
What day do you want ASA to be on(After School Activity)
Monday
Club T-Shirt Design Contest Vote_lcap22%Club T-Shirt Design Contest Vote_rcap
 22% [ 13 ]
Tuesday
Club T-Shirt Design Contest Vote_lcap15%Club T-Shirt Design Contest Vote_rcap
 15% [ 9 ]
Wednesday
Club T-Shirt Design Contest Vote_lcap13%Club T-Shirt Design Contest Vote_rcap
 13% [ 8 ]
Thursday
Club T-Shirt Design Contest Vote_lcap15%Club T-Shirt Design Contest Vote_rcap
 15% [ 9 ]
Friday
Club T-Shirt Design Contest Vote_lcap35%Club T-Shirt Design Contest Vote_rcap
 35% [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 60
Music
JapaniMUSIC by Japanimation on Grooveshark
Follow Us on Facebook!

Club T-Shirt Design Contest

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Locke
Grand Senpai
Locke

Character Profile
Class: Ninja
Level: 100
HP:
Club T-Shirt Design Contest Left_bar_bleue999/999Club T-Shirt Design Contest Empty_bar_bleue  (999/999)

Club T-Shirt Design Contest Empty
PostSubject: Club T-Shirt Design Contest   Club T-Shirt Design Contest EmptyTue Sep 24 2013, 04:33

See below for the final design.

Click Here for T-shirt Design:

Design our 2013-2014 club t-shirt!
Post all entries in this topic.

Guidelines (Required)
-Must say "Japanimation" and "2013-2014" on it somewhere.
-Include both a Front and Back design.
-Do not use more than 3 colors in the design (excluding the color of the actual t-shirt).
-Must be school appropriate.
-The resolution of your image must be at least 300 dpi.
-Your image must be saved in PNG format.

Other Things You Can Use (Optional)
-Our club logo
-Our club motto: "Embrace Your Inner Otaku"
-Lovelle's quote: "We're not your average anime club..."

Prizes
1st Place: 100 EXP + free t-shirt
Participants: 50 EXP

The deadline for submissions is November 30th @ 11:59pm.

Last edited by Locke on Wed Jul 30 2014, 00:17; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
casunfish
casunfish

Character Profile
Class: Alchemist
Level:
HP:
Club T-Shirt Design Contest Left_bar_bleue731/800Club T-Shirt Design Contest Empty_bar_bleue  (731/800)

PostSubject: Re: Club T-Shirt Design Contest   Club T-Shirt Design Contest EmptySun Sep 29 2013, 18:57

Hiya, can I just put a design here? If it isn't obvious, the shirt is the classic MC red and the three ink colors are white, black, and yellow.
The front is based off the anime Danganronpa, I just thought it would be nice because the characters are all given "Super Duper High School/Super High School Level" titles. (to see what it looks like check the 'spoiler' below)

[FRONT]
Club T-Shirt Design Contest Tumblr_inline_mtx0m8lRLc1rgvgn6
(That little bit of Japanese basically means "Japan/Japanese Anime" which indirectly translates into "Japanimation". Courtesy of my knowledge of Japanese and Google Translate uwu)
REFERENCE FOR FRONT:
[BACK]
Club T-Shirt Design Contest Tumblr_inline_mtx0mjbivQ1rgvgn6
(I honestly wasn't sure what to put here. I was tempted to put a pikachu but failed in that attempt)

I hope you guys like this design! I spent way too much time trying to make good circles /cries
Back to top Go down
http://klnu.tumblr.com
Locke
Grand Senpai
Locke

Character Profile
HP:
Club T-Shirt Design Contest Left_bar_bleue999/999Club T-Shirt Design Contest Empty_bar_bleue  (999/999)

PostSubject: Re: Club T-Shirt Design Contest   Club T-Shirt Design Contest EmptySun Sep 29 2013, 20:06

Eeeee, an entry!! <3
It looks awesome~

adsfjkl; I'm sorry I should have mentioned this before but I forgot...
The t-shirt company that we're using would really prefer for the design images to be at least 300dpi and in PNG format.

I'm sorry, Claire; I won't make you re-do it, but if we go with your design we might have to pull some strings and work with the company a bit to get the design printed properly. ;w; I think the dpi issue is something that isn't easy to fix, but could you resave it in PNG?

I'll edit my post with the additional requirements ;w;
Back to top Go down
casunfish
casunfish

Character Profile
Class: Alchemist
Level:
HP:
Club T-Shirt Design Contest Left_bar_bleue731/800Club T-Shirt Design Contest Empty_bar_bleue  (731/800)

PostSubject: Re: Club T-Shirt Design Contest   Club T-Shirt Design Contest EmptySun Sep 29 2013, 20:49

Aha whoops but that isn't a huge problem! I also figured out how to change the dpi and it's pretty simple to convert to png, I just had to export it again. So here you are: 300 dpi png images! ^^

Club T-Shirt Design Contest Tumblr_inline_mtx6gqIYwi1rgvgn6
and
Club T-Shirt Design Contest Tumblr_inline_mtx6h5lJZJ1rgvgn6

There you are! uwu
(Woah it is a lot more quality ouo)
Back to top Go down
http://klnu.tumblr.com
Locke
Grand Senpai
Locke

Character Profile
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Club T-Shirt Design Contest   Club T-Shirt Design Contest EmptyTue Apr 29 2014, 17:22

I'm only like 5 months behind schedule here oops

See first post for an update!
Back to top Go down
AmyTaichou
President
AmyTaichou

Character Profile
Class: Brawler
Level:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Club T-Shirt Design Contest   Club T-Shirt Design Contest EmptySat May 17 2014, 21:07

By the way..

When would we get T-shirts if we give you the money next week?
Back to top Go down
Locke
Grand Senpai
Locke

Character Profile
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Club T-Shirt Design Contest   Club T-Shirt Design Contest EmptySat May 17 2014, 21:21

By the end of the year. Depends on how long it takes the company to make them.
Back to top Go down
Locke
Grand Senpai
Locke

Character Profile
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Club T-Shirt Design Contest   Club T-Shirt Design Contest EmptySun May 18 2014, 19:42

Just posted the design in the first post!

If you are interested in buying a t-shirt, please bring $10 to the meeting on May 20th. It will be your one and only chance to pay for it. :]
Back to top Go down
Noobles
Grand Senpai
Noobles

Character Profile
Class: Regalia
Level:
HP:
Club T-Shirt Design Contest Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Club T-Shirt Design Contest Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: Club T-Shirt Design Contest   Club T-Shirt Design Contest EmptySun May 18 2014, 20:17

The artwork of the boy is so beautiful *^*
Did you get it from an anime or inspired from an anime character?

I wanna just steal the picture. Just kidding =w=

By the way, I have friend who wants to join Japanimation and to continue next year. If he chooses to buy one, can he even though this will probably be his first meeting (sort of)?
Back to top Go down
Locke
Grand Senpai
Locke

Character Profile
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Club T-Shirt Design Contest   Club T-Shirt Design Contest EmptySun May 18 2014, 20:28

Thanks Kwok-Wai! ;w;

Nah, I just made him up for this purpose. I have no idea who he is! xDDD
We could give him a name and he can be Japanimation's semi-official mascot LOL /shot

Yes, of course! :'DDD YAY NEW MEMBERS!
Back to top Go down
Noobles
Grand Senpai
Noobles

Character Profile
Level:
HP:
Club T-Shirt Design Contest Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Club T-Shirt Design Contest Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: Club T-Shirt Design Contest   Club T-Shirt Design Contest EmptySun May 18 2014, 20:43

Awesome! Will let him to bring $10 in case he wants to buy one.

Hm, that wouldn't be a bad idea. Japanimation's Semi-Offical Mascot.
We should decide or talk about in the next few meetings (if possible) haha.

He reminds me of Yukine though and another character I can't quite think off the top of my head.

Random Thought: Will we be having scheduling the Officer thing soon?
Back to top Go down
Locke
Grand Senpai
Locke

Character Profile
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Club T-Shirt Design Contest   Club T-Shirt Design Contest EmptySun May 18 2014, 21:40

Lololol I can only wonder if he would ever be used for anything. Other than advertisement. xDD
This seems like a fun thing to do so I might consider it. O:

Now that you mention it, he DOES kind of look like Yukine. xDD (Maybe I did that subconsciously...)
(... I'm undecided on his hair color LOL)

Oops
Uhhh yeahhhh. I'll be sending out an e-mail about that in the next... hour or so. xDDD
Back to top Go down
windscimitars
Shut-in
windscimitars

Character Profile
Level:
HP:
Club T-Shirt Design Contest Left_bar_bleue700/700Club T-Shirt Design Contest Empty_bar_bleue  (700/700)

PostSubject: Re: Club T-Shirt Design Contest   Club T-Shirt Design Contest EmptySun May 18 2014, 21:43

I thought the boy looks more like Len Kagamine if we color him blond with blue eyes.....
Back to top Go down
AmyTaichou
President
AmyTaichou

Character Profile
Level:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Club T-Shirt Design Contest   Club T-Shirt Design Contest EmptyMon May 19 2014, 21:55

He's so perfect though. The differing thickness in lines makes the artwork so gorgeous <3

And yes. Totally for with the semi mascot. But we gotta name him. And maybe give him a girl companion.
Back to top Go down
Locke
Grand Senpai
Locke

Character Profile
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Club T-Shirt Design Contest   Club T-Shirt Design Contest EmptyThu May 22 2014, 17:56

Lol guess who finally finished.
Made some slight changes to the back design.

Agnes are you really sure you want a large. .____.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Noobles
Grand Senpai
Noobles

Character Profile
Level:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Club T-Shirt Design Contest   Club T-Shirt Design Contest EmptyThu May 22 2014, 18:36

IT'S SO NICE.

That is some really good Photoshoping skill .-.
Adobe or Pixlr?

Though, looking back, is otaku a valid word we should use? I know it has some really bad connotation in Western Culture but it's not really bad in Eastern Culture
Back to top Go down
Locke
Grand Senpai
Locke

Character Profile
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Club T-Shirt Design Contest   Club T-Shirt Design Contest EmptyThu May 22 2014, 19:19

Yay thanks ;w;
It's Adobe Photoshop. I'm mooching off of the school's computers because can't afford, lol.

I think you mean the other way around, that it has a bad connotation in Japan and not so much in North America. xDDD
I personally don't mind it, since I interpret the slogan to mean to embrace something that you may be embarrassed about, etc. all you closet anime fans, I'm looking at you The other reason being it has been part of the club for so long, I wanted to keep with tradition. :]

I don't think it's offensive as long as we are clearly using the Western definition of it. ^^
Back to top Go down
Noobles
Grand Senpai
Noobles

Character Profile
Level:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Club T-Shirt Design Contest   Club T-Shirt Design Contest EmptyThu May 22 2014, 20:27

Wikipedia: According to studies published in 2013, the term has become less negative, and many people now self-identify as otaku.

So it's okay!! :'DDD
Back to top Go down
windscimitars
Shut-in
windscimitars

Character Profile
Level:
HP:
Club T-Shirt Design Contest Left_bar_bleue700/700Club T-Shirt Design Contest Empty_bar_bleue  (700/700)

PostSubject: Re: Club T-Shirt Design Contest   Club T-Shirt Design Contest EmptyThu May 22 2014, 20:55

Ppssstttt but Wiki ain't a reliable source of information Wink)))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club T-Shirt Design Contest   Club T-Shirt Design Contest Empty

Back to top Go down

Club T-Shirt Design Contest
Page 1 of 1