Japanimation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Mt. Carmel's Japanimation Forums! Weekly meetings are Thursdays at Lunch in N6!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  Reviews & RecommendationsReviews & Recommendations  MAS  VideosVideos  GamesGames  LinksLinks  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  
Welcome to the new year Japanimators! Meetings have begun in room K-3 Thursdays at lunch! We hope to see you there!
NOTICE! Because it's the start of the new year, all member EXP will be reset to zero.
ATTENTION: Our weekly meetings have been moved to Thursdays in Room K3! (English Building)
Interested in going to Anime Expo in 2016? Check out the details under the "Announcements" tab!
Miss a club meeting? Check out what we did this week on the Recap Tab!
Are you interested in presenting a review or recommendation? Go to the updated Reviews & Recommendations tab for more info!
Click on the Usergroups tab and join fangroups for your favorite anime/manga/video games!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Control Panel
Your Profile
Information
Preferences
Signature

Community
Friends and Foes
Memberlist
Groups

Private Messages
Inbox
Outbox

Forum Topics
Watched Topics
Favorites

Your RPG Character
Character Profile
Poll
What day do you want ASA to be on(After School Activity)
Monday
Suggest movies for our ASA! Vote_lcap22%Suggest movies for our ASA! Vote_rcap
 22% [ 13 ]
Tuesday
Suggest movies for our ASA! Vote_lcap15%Suggest movies for our ASA! Vote_rcap
 15% [ 9 ]
Wednesday
Suggest movies for our ASA! Vote_lcap13%Suggest movies for our ASA! Vote_rcap
 13% [ 8 ]
Thursday
Suggest movies for our ASA! Vote_lcap15%Suggest movies for our ASA! Vote_rcap
 15% [ 9 ]
Friday
Suggest movies for our ASA! Vote_lcap35%Suggest movies for our ASA! Vote_rcap
 35% [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 60
Music
JapaniMUSIC by Japanimation on Grooveshark
Follow Us on Facebook!

Suggest movies for our ASA!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Locke
Grand Senpai
Locke

Character Profile
Class: Ninja
Level: 100
HP:
Suggest movies for our ASA! Left_bar_bleue999/999Suggest movies for our ASA! Empty_bar_bleue  (999/999)

Suggest movies for our ASA! Empty
PostSubject: Suggest movies for our ASA!   Suggest movies for our ASA! EmptyTue Oct 08 2013, 13:27

Suggest anime movies for us to screen during a Movie Day ASA (After-School Activity)!

You can suggest R-rated movies, but there is no guarantee that we will be able to watch them under school rules. (We might be able to find some loopholes, and we'll let you know.)

Any movie suggestions?

Already Featured Films: 
- The Wind Rises 
- The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
- Wolf Children

List of Possible Movie Choices
- 5 Centimeters Per Second
- *Akira
- Bleach: Fade to Black
- Bleach: Jigokuhen
- Bleach: Memories of Nobody
- Bleach: The DiamondDust Rebellion
- Castle in the Sky
- Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
- Garden of Sinners... x7
- Garden of Words
- *Ghost in the Shell
- *Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence
- Grave of the Fireflies
- Howl's Moving Castle
- Kiki's Delivery Service
- My Neighbor Totoro
- *Ninja Scroll
- *Paprika
- *Perfect Blue
- Princess Mononoke
- Spirited Away
- Summer Wars
- Sword of the Stranger
- Tokyo Godfathers
- Whisper of the Heart

OVAs
- Black Rock Shooter
- Death Billiards
- Little Witch Academia
- Pale Cocoon

*R-rated

Last edited by Locke on Thu Aug 28 2014, 02:36; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
windscimitars
Shut-in
windscimitars

Character Profile
Class: Brawler
Level:
HP:
Suggest movies for our ASA! Left_bar_bleue700/700Suggest movies for our ASA! Empty_bar_bleue  (700/700)

PostSubject: Re: Suggest movies for our ASA!   Suggest movies for our ASA! EmptyTue Oct 08 2013, 21:19

I'm pretty sure that most of the recommendations for ASA will either be Ghilbi Studio works or movies from certain franchises, so here are my two cents for animated movies that are safe (around PG - PG13) :

• Summer Wars
• The Girl Who Leaped Through Time
• Wolf Children Ame and Yuki
• Pale Cacoon (30 min. OVA)
• Paprika

• Sword of the Stranger (this one's on the +17 side/low R with just the violent content. So maybe yes maybe no?)
Back to top Go down
Locke
Grand Senpai
Locke

Character Profile
HP:
Suggest movies for our ASA! Left_bar_bleue999/999Suggest movies for our ASA! Empty_bar_bleue  (999/999)

PostSubject: Re: Suggest movies for our ASA!   Suggest movies for our ASA! EmptyWed Oct 09 2013, 16:37

Thanks for the suggestions, Agnes. ^^

Yeah, I was hoping that our list wouldn't be mostly Studio Ghibli, but it's hard when all the other classics are rated R. ;(
It sucks because those movies are so essential to the anime community and we can't show them. /rant

We could probably get away with screening movies that would be rated like, 16+ if there was such a rating. Suggest movies for our ASA! Eusa_whistle
Back to top Go down
casunfish
casunfish

Character Profile
Class: Alchemist
Level:
HP:
Suggest movies for our ASA! Left_bar_bleue731/800Suggest movies for our ASA! Empty_bar_bleue  (731/800)

PostSubject: Re: Suggest movies for our ASA!   Suggest movies for our ASA! EmptyWed Oct 09 2013, 22:38

Little Witch Academia is technically a movie but it's the length of one episode (26 min) and is really enjoyable to watch.

Simply put, it's short and sweet c:
Back to top Go down
http://klnu.tumblr.com
windscimitars
Shut-in
windscimitars

Character Profile
Level:
HP:
Suggest movies for our ASA! Left_bar_bleue700/700Suggest movies for our ASA! Empty_bar_bleue  (700/700)

PostSubject: Re: Suggest movies for our ASA!   Suggest movies for our ASA! EmptyWed Oct 09 2013, 22:46

Eiji Kikumaru wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions, Agnes. ^^

Yeah, I was hoping that our list wouldn't be mostly Studio Ghibli, but it's hard when all the other classics are rated R. ;(
It sucks because those movies are so essential to the anime community and we can't show them. /rant

We could probably get away with screening movies that would be rated like, 16+ if there was such a rating. Suggest movies for our ASA! Eusa_whistle
You're welcome Erin :')

If we could get away with that little +16, the Black Rock Shooter (OVA) might just fit since its just mainly fighting... Actually, it's probably PG-13 since I haven't seen anything close to being bloody.

Also, I think I misspelled "Cacoon", it should be Pale Cocoon. Sorry for yet another typo >.<
Back to top Go down
Locke
Grand Senpai
Locke

Character Profile
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Suggest movies for our ASA!   Suggest movies for our ASA! EmptyMon Oct 14 2013, 20:42

Yes, I think BRS will be fine. xDDD

I made a separate list of OVAs; since they're shorter, we can have a day to watch multiple OVAs in place of one movie.

I gave you all points for suggesting stuff, thanks!
Back to top Go down
windscimitars
Shut-in
windscimitars

Character Profile
Level:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Suggest movies for our ASA!   Suggest movies for our ASA! EmptyThu Sep 17 2015, 18:29

For anyone who is interested in seeing a specific movie for ASA, please comment in this thread here! 

The list on the first post will be updated periodically and older movies/OVAs/ONAs that we've already watched will be crossed off/denied.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggest movies for our ASA!   Suggest movies for our ASA! Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggest movies for our ASA!
Page 1 of 1