Welcome to Mt. Carmel's Japanimation Forums! Weekly meetings are Thursdays at Lunch in K3!

HomeHome  Reviews & RecommendationsReviews & Recommendations  MAS  VideosVideos  GamesGames  LinksLinks  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  
Welcome to the new year Japanimators! Meetings have begun in room K-3 Thursdays at lunch! We hope to see you there!
NOTICE! Because it's the start of the new year, all member EXP will be reset to zero.
ATTENTION: Our weekly meetings have been moved to Thursdays in Room K3! (English Building)
Interested in going to Anime Expo in 2016? Check out the details under the "Announcements" tab!
Miss a club meeting? Check out what we did this week on the Recap Tab!
Are you interested in presenting a review or recommendation? Go to the updated Reviews & Recommendations tab for more info!
Click on the Usergroups tab and join fangroups for your favorite anime/manga/video games!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Control Panel
Your Profile
Information
Preferences
Signature

Community
Friends and Foes
Memberlist
Groups

Private Messages
Inbox
Outbox

Forum Topics
Watched Topics
Favorites

Your RPG Character
Character Profile
Poll
What day do you want ASA to be on(After School Activity)
Monday
22%
 22% [ 13 ]
Tuesday
14%
 14% [ 8 ]
Wednesday
14%
 14% [ 8 ]
Thursday
14%
 14% [ 8 ]
Friday
36%
 36% [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 58
Music
JapaniMUSIC by Japanimation on Grooveshark
Follow Us on Facebook!

Share | 

Suggest anime for our Monthly Anime Screening!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Locke
Grand Senpai

Character Profile
Class: Ninja
Level: 100
HP:
999/999  (999/999)

PostSubject: Suggest anime for our Monthly Anime Screening!   Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:15 am

Suggest anime for us to screen during our meetings!
You will receive 5 EXP for each valid anime that you suggest.

We will be doing one screening per month, and a different anime each time.
We are only showing the first episode of the anime; you'll have to watch the rest on your own.

Guidelines:
-The first episode must be school appropriate. (School rules, sorry.) It has to have a rating under 17 and can't have any sexual content (i.e. ridiculous fanservice) or excessive cussing. This only applies to the first episode; it doesn't matter what kind of R-rated things happen later on because we won't be showing it during the meeting.
-The anime should appeal to a wide audience so that the majority of the club won't be opposed to watching it during the meeting.
-Overall, the anime shouldn't be very popular or well-known. The point of the screening is to introduce people to anime that they haven't seen yet or wouldn't have considered watching.
-It should be a good anime. Why would we want to watch terrible anime?!

Already Featured Series: 
- Sakura-sou no Pet na Kanojo
- Akatsuki no Yona
- Hataraku Maou-sama!
- Steins;Gate
- Rage of Bahamut: Genesis
- Terror of Resonance 
- Captain Earth 
- Silver Spoon
- Noragami 

List of Suggested Anime:
- [C]: Control - The Money of Soul and Possibility
- 07 Ghost
- Acchi Kocchi
- Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova
- Baccano!
- Beyond the Boundary
- Blood Lad
- Blue Exorcist
- Caanan
- Coppellion
- Charlotte
- Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
- D. Gray Man
- Daily Lives of High School Boys
- Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken (I don't Understand What My Husband is Saying!) 
- GATE
- Gosick
- Guilty Crown
- Hamatora
- Hetalia Axis Powers
- Hibike! Euphonium
- Hyouka
- Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?
- Jormungand
- Jyu-Oh-Sei
- K
- K-On!
- Kyousougiga
- Log Horizon
- Magi: Labyrinth of Magic
- Mahou Shoujo Taisen
- Mushi-shi
- Nagi no Asukara
- Natsume Yuujincho
- Nichijou
- Night Raid 1931
- Plastic Neesan 
- Rokka no Yuusha // Braves of the Six Flowers
- Servant x Service
Shinsekai Yori
- Suisei no Gargantia
- Sunday without God
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu
- Tegami Bachi

- Toaru Kagaku no Railgun
- Tokyo Ravens
- Tonari no Seki-kun
- Tsuritama
- Uchouten Kazoku
- Watamote
- Wolf's Rain

Last edited by Eiji Kikumaru on Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:43 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
windscimitars
Shut-in

Character Profile
Class: Brawler
Level:
HP:
700/700  (700/700)

PostSubject: New or Old/Completed Series?   Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:07 pm

Would you prefer to have anime screenings of new series or old/completed series?
Back to top Go down
Locke
Grand Senpai

Character Profile
HP:
999/999  (999/999)

PostSubject: Re: Suggest anime for our Monthly Anime Screening!   Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:44 pm

Either works!
Back to top Go down
windscimitars
Shut-in

Character Profile
Level:
HP:
700/700  (700/700)

PostSubject: Re: Suggest anime for our Monthly Anime Screening!   Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:43 pm

The animes colored in RED are series that can be found on Funimation's channel on Youtube for easier viewing.

Newer Series (2013-2014):

• Hamatora
  • Beyond the Boundary
  • Coppellion
  • Log Horizon  
  • Silver Spoon

Older Series:

• Blue Exorcist
  • Jormungand
  • Baccano!
  • Daily Lives of High School Boys
  • K
  • Guilty Crown
  • [C]: Control - The Money of Soul and Possibility
  • Caanan
  • Gosick
  • Night Raid 1931
  • Jyu-Oh-Sei  
  • Wolf's Rain
Back to top Go down
Locke
Grand Senpai

Character Profile
HP:
999/999  (999/999)

PostSubject: Re: Suggest anime for our Monthly Anime Screening!   Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:56 pm

DAILY LIVES OF HIGH SCHOOL BOYS OMG

When I was a sophomore during the time when Japanimation was slowly hurdling towards inactivity, we spent almost the entire year watching that series
No joke
Oh the memories

Thanks for all the suggestions~ :'DDD
Back to top Go down
windscimitars
Shut-in

Character Profile
Level:
HP:
700/700  (700/700)

PostSubject: Re: Suggest anime for our Monthly Anime Screening!   Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:13 pm

Wow you guys actually sat there and tried to watch the whole thing? LOL
A little trip down to memory lane for you then:

I think the majority of us will be exactly like this when the rest of us reaches junior/senior year.
And you're welcome! ^^
Back to top Go down
SerketCircuit
Fan

Character Profile
Class: Hikikomori
Level:
HP:
10/10  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: Suggest anime for our Monthly Anime Screening!   Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:59 pm

Er...as much as I enjoy Baccano and Jormungand...aren't both of those rated mature? Not sure about Jormungand, but I know Baccano definitely is...

Also, I'd like to suggest Mushi-shi, Natsume Yuujincho, Servant x Service, Tonari no Seki-kun, Watamote, Tegami Bachi, Suisei no Gargantia, and D. Gray Man.
Back to top Go down
windscimitars
Shut-in

Character Profile
Level:
HP:
700/700  (700/700)

PostSubject: Re: Suggest anime for our Monthly Anime Screening!   Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:48 pm

SerketCircuit wrote:
Er...as much as I enjoy Baccano and Jormungand...aren't both of those rated mature? Not sure about Jormungand, but I know Baccano definitely is...

Also, I'd like to suggest Mushi-shi, Natsume Yuujincho, Servant x Service, Tonari no Seki-kun, Watamote, Tegami Bachi, Suisei no Gargantia, and D. Gray Man.

Compared to Jormungand, Baccano is probably between PG-13 and PG-17. Jormungand is at least PG-17+ but nowhere on Black Lagoon's level in terms of crude language and violence. As Erin says anything that is PG-17 or below for an anime series are okay, but she gets to make the ultimate decision anyway.
Back to top Go down
Noobles
Grand Senpai

Character Profile
Class: Regalia
Level:
HP:
1000/1000  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: Suggest anime for our Monthly Anime Screening!   Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:49 am

Darn it Amy! I was gonna say Tegami Bachi and Suisei no Gargantia.  Sad 

New Releases:

• Tokyo Ravens
  • Nagi no Asukara
  • Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova

Recent/Old Releases:

• Sunday without God
  • Hetalia Axis Powers
  • 07 Ghost
  • Uchouten Kazoku

Going to post more in the future. Finally done with Junior Paper!  sunny 
Back to top Go down
Locke
Grand Senpai

Character Profile
HP:
999/999  (999/999)

PostSubject: Re: Suggest anime for our Monthly Anime Screening!   Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:17 pm

Looool I remember we watched Hetalia at one point too. xDDD
I gave you guys your EXP.

Quite frankly I don't remember/know how appropriate some of these anime are, but I'm always going to watch (or re-watch) the first episode before we screen it. I'll decide it then...
If the random number generator picks something that doesn't work, then I'll just try again until it does. I'm sure we have plenty to choose from. xDDD

And I leave with this.

Back to top Go down
casunfish

Character Profile
Class: Alchemist
Level:
HP:
731/800  (731/800)

PostSubject: Re: Suggest anime for our Monthly Anime Screening!   Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:19 pm

There's a lot of great animes out there that aren't too well known. Here's some I've watched:

• Hataraku Maou-sama!
  • Hyouka
  • Little Witch Academia (this is just a movie that's the length of one episode)
  • Nichijou
  • Stein's Gate

And I haven't watched these (yet) but they have a lot of good input:

• Acchi Kocchi
  • Blood Lad
  • Kyousougiga
  • Log Horizon
  • Magi: Labyrinth of Magic
  • Tsuritama
Back to top Go down
http://klnu.tumblr.com
Locke
Grand Senpai

Character Profile
HP:
999/999  (999/999)

PostSubject: Re: Suggest anime for our Monthly Anime Screening!   Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:28 pm

Thanks for the suggestions, Claire!
I took out Little Witch Academia because it's already part of our list for ASA Movie/OVA screenings, sorry about that~

(Also, so cool that we now have a Hiyori and a Yukine avatar, WHO WANTS TO BE YATO?!)

Admittedly I think some of the stuff on the list now is not really all that obscure/unpopular but ehhh "underrated" is so subjective I can't really say anything about it. xDDD
Back to top Go down
windscimitars
Shut-in

Character Profile
Level:
HP:
700/700  (700/700)

PostSubject: Re: Suggest anime for our Monthly Anime Screening!   Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:27 pm

For anyone who is interested in seeing a specific anime for MAS, please comment in this thread here! 

The list on the first post will be updated periodically and older series that we've already watched will be crossed off/denied.
Back to top Go down
Roosin

PostSubject: Suggestionssssss   Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:07 pm

I will suggest
GATE
-and-
Charlotte
-and-
Rokka-Braves of the Six Flowers

(for new ones~ Very Happy)

And of course I want to watch JJBA!
And maybe DanMachi!

And some that are already on that list o:
Back to top Go down
windscimitars
Shut-in

Character Profile
Level:
HP:
700/700  (700/700)

PostSubject: Re: Suggest anime for our Monthly Anime Screening!   Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:15 pm

Thanks for the suggestion Melissa! Added to the list and you've been awarded 25 EXP!
Omg someone else to talk about Charlotte, yaassssss.

For JJBA, would you recommend for the club to watch the OVAs that came out back in the 90s or the anime TV series that came out in 2012? Just want to clarify since JJBA has an interesting production timeline.
Back to top Go down
Roosin

PostSubject: Re: Suggest anime for our Monthly Anime Screening!   Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:50 pm

Anime series! (And preferably second arc, since Joseph is the bae :* Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
kyoukokyoko

Character Profile
Class:
Level:
HP:
999/999  (999/999)

PostSubject: Re: Suggest anime for our Monthly Anime Screening!   Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:04 pm

Heh, I don't think any of the summer season shows I watched would be appropriate, such a lewd season...

I do have some suggestions of older shows, though:

• Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu
  • Shinsekai Yori
  • Toaru Kagaku no Railgun
  • Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
  • K-On!
  • Hibike! Euphonium

Also, if it's okay, I'd like to also suggest some shorter shows (by shorter, I mean generally only a few minutes per episode), that could be quickly shown before or after a full episode of another show. People usually seem to overlook them, but they're really fun to just completely binge watch in half an hour. Some examples:

• Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken
  • Plastic Neesan
  • Mahou Shoujo Taisen
Back to top Go down
windscimitars
Shut-in

Character Profile
Level:
HP:
700/700  (700/700)

PostSubject: Re: Suggest anime for our Monthly Anime Screening!   Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:34 pm

@Roosin: Does the second season of JJBA (I believe it's the Stardust Crusade?) follow the plot of the first season? Or is it kind of like a stand-alone series with it's own plot and everyone who hasn't watched JJBA can watch the first episode without being confused? 

Just want to clarify since I don't want to show season two of JJBA to the members and getting confused reactions from them XD 

@kyoukokyoko: Thanks for all the suggestions! 45 EXP has now been added to your account! 

And don't worry, we can binge through those shorts anytime during the year. I mean, Hetalia is up on the list, so why not  lol!
Back to top Go down
Roosin

PostSubject: Re: Suggest anime for our Monthly Anime Screening!   Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:53 pm

Oh, I meant the second arc, as in Episode 10 of season 1. But now that I think about it maybe it would be better to start with Season 1 Episode 1 ._. XD
Back to top Go down
windscimitars
Shut-in

Character Profile
Level:
HP:
700/700  (700/700)

PostSubject: Re: Suggest anime for our Monthly Anime Screening!   Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:09 pm

@Roosin: Well, we'll just put up the series on the list for now. If the officers decide on JJBA, we most likely will watch season 1, unless someone on our board objects. 

Thanks for the recommendations anyway!
Back to top Go down
Tanoke

Character Profile
Class: Rookie
Level:
HP:
999/999  (999/999)

PostSubject: Plastic Memories   Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:15 am

For next month's MAS, I'd like to recommend Plastic Memories. Plastic Memories is an anime about a future filled with androids (Giftias) created by Sion Artificial Intelligence Corporation that are usually used to fill the void in someone's life. It is the job of Terminal Service One employees to travel to customers of SAI and collect Giftias that have met their expiration date.

If this is not the correct way to recommend an anime for the MAS, then I apologize. I don't know if this is how, but if it is, then I hope this is chosen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggest anime for our Monthly Anime Screening!   

Back to top Go down

Suggest anime for our Monthly Anime Screening!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Japanimation :: Member Feedback :: Suggestion Box-
Jump to: