Welcome to Mt. Carmel's Japanimation Forums! Weekly meetings are Thursdays at Lunch in K3!

HomeHome  Reviews & RecommendationsReviews & Recommendations  MAS  VideosVideos  GamesGames  LinksLinks  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  
Welcome to the new year Japanimators! Meetings have begun in room K-3 Thursdays at lunch! We hope to see you there!
NOTICE! Because it's the start of the new year, all member EXP will be reset to zero.
ATTENTION: Our weekly meetings have been moved to Thursdays in Room K3! (English Building)
Interested in going to Anime Expo in 2016? Check out the details under the "Announcements" tab!
Miss a club meeting? Check out what we did this week on the Recap Tab!
Are you interested in presenting a review or recommendation? Go to the updated Reviews & Recommendations tab for more info!
Click on the Usergroups tab and join fangroups for your favorite anime/manga/video games!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Control Panel
Your Profile
Information
Preferences
Signature

Community
Friends and Foes
Memberlist
Groups

Private Messages
Inbox
Outbox

Forum Topics
Watched Topics
Favorites

Your RPG Character
Character Profile
Poll
What day do you want ASA to be on(After School Activity)
Monday
22%
 22% [ 13 ]
Tuesday
14%
 14% [ 8 ]
Wednesday
14%
 14% [ 8 ]
Thursday
14%
 14% [ 8 ]
Friday
36%
 36% [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 58
Music
JapaniMUSIC by Japanimation on Grooveshark
Follow Us on Facebook!

Share | 

J-POP VS. K-POP

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KuroKami
Shut-in

Character Profile
Class: Boxer
Level:
HP:
999/999  (999/999)

PostSubject: J-POP VS. K-POP   Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:03 pm

Like the title states, this is a debate-esque thread for J and K POP! There's been a lot of heat on this for a while, so I decided to bring it to this forum!

Some simple rules are:
I) Try to stay civilized - Yeah, try not to start any massive fires in here
II) Don't bash other artists - Give some reason as to why you don't like so and so

That's pretty much it! Have at it!
Back to top Go down
AmyTaichou
President

Character Profile
Class: Brawler
Level:
HP:
999/999  (999/999)

PostSubject: Re: J-POP VS. K-POP   Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:56 am

JPOOOPPPP

Simply because too much of KPop is techno stuff that confuses me. Plus, JPop music is just more natural sounding. Unless it's vocaloid of course. Idk. They're pretty close. It just seems to me that jpop focuses more on the melody vs kpop that focuses more on the rhythm

And jpop is the ops and eds of anime that gives you feels and makes you go omg and stuff
Back to top Go down
KuroKami
Shut-in

Character Profile
Level:
HP:
999/999  (999/999)

PostSubject: Re: J-POP VS. K-POP   Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:19 pm

As someone who listens to both J and K-POP, I gotta give the edge to J-POP.

I think that even though the individual members of K-POP groups are more polished, watching the rough members of J-POP groups mature feels better. (Coming from a guy that's been with AKB from the very beginning)

There's also the rhythms and beat - I find that K-POP mirrors American Music closely, and being the Asian hipster I am, it kinda makes me go ehh......

But it depends on what I'm doing and what kind of emotion I wanna get into (If that makes sense)
Back to top Go down
AmyTaichou
President

Character Profile
Level:
HP:
999/999  (999/999)

PostSubject: Re: J-POP VS. K-POP   Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:09 am

KuroKami wrote:
As someone who listens to both J and K-POP, I gotta give the edge to J-POP.

I think that even though the individual members of K-POP groups are more polished, watching the rough members of J-POP groups mature feels better. (Coming from a guy that's been with AKB from the very beginning)

There's also the rhythms and beat - I find that K-POP mirrors American Music closely, and being the Asian hipster I am, it kinda makes me go ehh......

But it depends on what I'm doing and what kind of emotion I wanna get into (If that makes sense)

I feel you *^* For me, K-POP is just a little too upbeat most of the time. J-POP resembles classical more and is great for an Asian nerd like me afro
Back to top Go down
windscimitars
Shut-in

Character Profile
Level:
HP:
700/700  (700/700)

PostSubject: Re: J-POP VS. K-POP   Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:01 pm

I listen to both J-Pop and K-Pop on occasion when I spot something that is worth listening to. 

Because I'm biased as was exposed to anime early on, I naturally like J-pop more than K-pop. J-pop has this vibe that was different from Ameican songs at the time (innocent-ish love, courage, good themes like that v.s. sex, money, gang bang rap) that I really liked and appreciated. They also come up with some pretty original tunes that are meolodic and pleasant to the ear, even if they are screaming half of the time (i.e. Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas) 

K-pop tends to confuse me because of how outrageous each singer looks identical to each other and how the quality seems to be more focused on the dancing/visuals than the singing. I don't even know how the fangirls can differentiate them from one another, I bet Korea has already perfect the cloning technique without even trying in the science industry.
Back to top Go down
KuroKami
Shut-in

Character Profile
Level:
HP:
999/999  (999/999)

PostSubject: Re: J-POP VS. K-POP   Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:11 pm

Well, Japan's girl groups (EX: AKB48 and their sister groups, Morning Musume, E-Girls etc.) have A LOT more members than the amount in K-POP groups which is anywhere from 4 to around 13ish. Even if they(the J-POP idols) don't look alike, there's still the name-to-face association going on. (I know the names of 400+ girls, so I know what I'm talking about when it comes to name-face recognition.)

There's also the fact that many K-POP groups have designated positions within the group, such as lead dancer, rapper, main vocalist, etc. so there's always a mix on dancing and vocals if you look for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: J-POP VS. K-POP   

Back to top Go down

J-POP VS. K-POP
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Japanimation :: Japanese Culture Corner :: J-Music & Vocaloid-
Jump to: