Japanimation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Mt. Carmel's Japanimation Forums! Weekly meetings are Thursdays at Lunch in N6!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  Reviews & RecommendationsReviews & Recommendations  MAS  VideosVideos  GamesGames  LinksLinks  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  
Welcome to the new year Japanimators! Meetings have begun in room K-3 Thursdays at lunch! We hope to see you there!
NOTICE! Because it's the start of the new year, all member EXP will be reset to zero.
ATTENTION: Our weekly meetings have been moved to Thursdays in Room K3! (English Building)
Interested in going to Anime Expo in 2016? Check out the details under the "Announcements" tab!
Miss a club meeting? Check out what we did this week on the Recap Tab!
Are you interested in presenting a review or recommendation? Go to the updated Reviews & Recommendations tab for more info!
Click on the Usergroups tab and join fangroups for your favorite anime/manga/video games!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Control Panel
Your Profile
Information
Preferences
Signature

Community
Friends and Foes
Memberlist
Groups

Private Messages
Inbox
Outbox

Forum Topics
Watched Topics
Favorites

Your RPG Character
Character Profile
Poll
What day do you want ASA to be on(After School Activity)
Monday
Sometimes I wonder about these club points... Vote_lcap22%Sometimes I wonder about these club points... Vote_rcap
 22% [ 13 ]
Tuesday
Sometimes I wonder about these club points... Vote_lcap15%Sometimes I wonder about these club points... Vote_rcap
 15% [ 9 ]
Wednesday
Sometimes I wonder about these club points... Vote_lcap13%Sometimes I wonder about these club points... Vote_rcap
 13% [ 8 ]
Thursday
Sometimes I wonder about these club points... Vote_lcap15%Sometimes I wonder about these club points... Vote_rcap
 15% [ 9 ]
Friday
Sometimes I wonder about these club points... Vote_lcap35%Sometimes I wonder about these club points... Vote_rcap
 35% [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 60
Music
JapaniMUSIC by Japanimation on Grooveshark
Follow Us on Facebook!

Sometimes I wonder about these club points...

Go down 
+3
ryusenshi
Zero
nico
7 posters
AuthorMessage
nico
Fan
nico

Character Profile
Class:
Level:
HP:
Sometimes I wonder about these club points... Left_bar_bleue1/9999Sometimes I wonder about these club points... Empty_bar_bleue  (1/9999)

Sometimes I wonder about these club points... Empty
PostSubject: Sometimes I wonder about these club points...   Sometimes I wonder about these club points... EmptyFri Sep 04 2009, 21:27

First things first: club points are a GREAT IDEA. They give club members a chance to be more active and communicate over a digital club atmosphere. It encourages posts and conversation between members! However, I feel like the forum game section is being abused for club points.

The majority of the website's activity is seen on the Forum Games section of the website. Although it is fine to have some fun, I would like to have a meaningful conversation with people once in a while. But, people's posts are more concentrated on that board more than all the other forum boards combined. I also feel like a few people are posting obsessively on that forum just to get points for the prize awards that we have.

Meh, I'm probably wrong. Maybe I should join in on the "fun" too.
Back to top Go down
Zero
Shut-in
Zero

Character Profile
Class: Prince
Level:
HP:
Sometimes I wonder about these club points... Left_bar_bleue21/21Sometimes I wonder about these club points... Empty_bar_bleue  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I wonder about these club points...   Sometimes I wonder about these club points... EmptyFri Sep 04 2009, 21:30

I shouldn't be one to say this, but I guess that if you REALLY want to make it fair, perhaps our club president should make it so that points aren't gained for posting in the forum game section. Then again, that makes it a bit tougher to earn points because other sections of the forum aren't exactly as...active.
Back to top Go down
ryusenshi
Otaku
ryusenshi

Character Profile
Class:
Level:
HP:
Sometimes I wonder about these club points... Left_bar_bleue9001/9001Sometimes I wonder about these club points... Empty_bar_bleue  (9001/9001)

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I wonder about these club points...   Sometimes I wonder about these club points... EmptyFri Sep 04 2009, 21:53

dont give them that option
Back to top Go down
meyeri
Otaku
meyeri

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I wonder about these club points...   Sometimes I wonder about these club points... EmptyFri Sep 04 2009, 23:20

I think the games section is really fun.
Last year, Tommy, Ryu~~ and I were the only ones posting in that section (for the most part) and no one else really was active on the forums as much as we were.
I posted that much for fun, cause in the end I never got my prize, but I don't blame lovelle or anyone, I understand everything comes out of her and Alynne's pockets.
I think the games section is fun, but it's gotten to the point where it's difficult to keep up.

Maybe disabling the games section is a good idea, but I'd go for a vote. I do agree though that people may eventually abuse that section just to get ahead and get free stuff.
Back to top Go down
A-AAC
Geek
A-AAC

Character Profile
Class:
Level:
HP:
Sometimes I wonder about these club points... Left_bar_bleue9999/9999Sometimes I wonder about these club points... Empty_bar_bleue  (9999/9999)

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I wonder about these club points...   Sometimes I wonder about these club points... EmptySat Sep 05 2009, 10:44

Thank you all for your input. I had foreseen people abusing the "Your Randomness" section, so from the very beginning no one has ever gained points for posting anywhere in that section. I'm sorry I never advertised that, so I'll be sure to write that on the forum description.

Also the point system is weighted. It has been designed so that more points would be gained from contributing by posting in for example the "Show Off Your Stuff" or "Brainstorming Corner" section than if someone were to post in the"Rant Your Heart Out" section.
Back to top Go down
ryusenshi
Otaku
ryusenshi

Character Profile
Class:
Level:
HP:
Sometimes I wonder about these club points... Left_bar_bleue9001/9001Sometimes I wonder about these club points... Empty_bar_bleue  (9001/9001)

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I wonder about these club points...   Sometimes I wonder about these club points... EmptySat Sep 05 2009, 13:01

ya.......i felt bad after last night w/ zero..........uhhhhhh. i racked about 200 points. if we dont end up disabling the points for that section i promise i wont do it again. and what is a man if he doesn't keep his promises.

btw is there anyway to lower my points back down to 35 or so? im starting to feel bad that i find it funny that i got so many points in a couple of hours. sry again.

and i would probably feel even worse if the points were disabled becuz of me
Back to top Go down
A-AAC
Geek
A-AAC

Character Profile
Class:
Level:
HP:
Sometimes I wonder about these club points... Left_bar_bleue9999/9999Sometimes I wonder about these club points... Empty_bar_bleue  (9999/9999)

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I wonder about these club points...   Sometimes I wonder about these club points... EmptySat Sep 05 2009, 15:45

Whoops I forgot to disable the points when I split off the the "Forum Games" from the "Your Randomness" section. K, it's done now. Points are now disabled for both sections. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
meyeri
Otaku
meyeri

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I wonder about these club points...   Sometimes I wonder about these club points... EmptySat Sep 05 2009, 16:30

Aw ryu you're sweet.
You're going to have the most number of points this year, I know it :] woohoo!
(even if yours gets reset!)
Back to top Go down
A-AAC
Geek
A-AAC

Character Profile
Class:
Level:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I wonder about these club points...   Sometimes I wonder about these club points... EmptySat Sep 05 2009, 17:20

Ok. It's official, the points gained from posting in "Forum Games" between the time when the forum was split to the time I disabled the points system for "Forum Games" are now null and void.

The people who this affects are:
-Ryuneshi=-196
-Zero=-183
-LilyMoonlight=-22
-ShadowFire=-17
-Meyeri=-3
Back to top Go down
Zero
Shut-in
Zero

Character Profile
Class: Prince
Level:
HP:
Sometimes I wonder about these club points... Left_bar_bleue21/21Sometimes I wonder about these club points... Empty_bar_bleue  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I wonder about these club points...   Sometimes I wonder about these club points... EmptySat Sep 05 2009, 19:28

Thanks. Everything SEEMS fixed, except for those crazy point totals. At the time I'm posting this, I'm whacked down to 26 points, but Ryu still has all 212...what the heck?
Back to top Go down
ShadowFire
Otaku
ShadowFire

Character Profile
Class:
Level:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I wonder about these club points...   Sometimes I wonder about these club points... EmptySat Sep 05 2009, 20:14

why is it my points system never worked?
my posts for other sections never seem to show up
Back to top Go down
A-AAC
Geek
A-AAC

Character Profile
Class:
Level:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I wonder about these club points...   Sometimes I wonder about these club points... EmptySun Sep 06 2009, 02:31

Zero wrote:
Thanks. Everything SEEMS fixed, except for those crazy point totals. At the time I'm posting this, I'm whacked down to 26 points, but Ryu still has all 212...what the heck?

Whoops sorry. Forgot about him. heh. Ryu almost got away from the points massacre.
Back to top Go down
A-AAC
Geek
A-AAC

Character Profile
Class:
Level:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I wonder about these club points...   Sometimes I wonder about these club points... EmptySun Sep 06 2009, 02:44

ShadowFire wrote:
why is it my points system never worked?
my posts for other sections never seem to show up

Are you posting in the "Your Everyday Randomness" section or ""Forum Games."? You get "0" points from posting there. I had to reset some of the points for the people who posted in those topics between the time I forgot to disable points for that section when I split the "Your Everyday Randomness" forum and the time I realized points were being received in those topics. Read posts above.

Once again, points are weighted. The most points are received for participating by posting for example a review, a created amv, or posting a suggestion rather than posting in "Forum Games." The points have been weighted ever since the creation of this site. The only reason people ever started receiving points for playing the forum games was because I forgot to disable the points when I reorganized the site to put all the games in one section.
Back to top Go down
ryusenshi
Otaku
ryusenshi

Character Profile
Class:
Level:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I wonder about these club points...   Sometimes I wonder about these club points... EmptySun Sep 06 2009, 18:23

hehe

thanks for the rest^^
sry again
Back to top Go down
IceDragon03
Geek
IceDragon03

Character Profile
Class:
Level:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I wonder about these club points...   Sometimes I wonder about these club points... EmptyThu Oct 15 2009, 23:08

i dont mind alot of the points i just wanna chat it up with ppl in here lol
Back to top Go down
nico
Fan
nico

Character Profile
Class:
Level:
HP:
Sometimes I wonder about these club points... Left_bar_bleue1/9999Sometimes I wonder about these club points... Empty_bar_bleue  (1/9999)

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I wonder about these club points...   Sometimes I wonder about these club points... EmptySat Oct 17 2009, 10:22

But then if there was an unbalance of points in a place where people are just posting idle, no-nonsense chatter, then that doesn't exactly encourage conversation.
Good thing it's fixed now. (:
Back to top Go down
IceDragon03
Geek
IceDragon03

Character Profile
Class:
Level:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I wonder about these club points...   Sometimes I wonder about these club points... EmptySun Oct 18 2009, 21:49

wait i didnt understand that i guess i should go in a corner and shut up o.o
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I wonder about these club points...   Sometimes I wonder about these club points... Empty

Back to top Go down

Sometimes I wonder about these club points...
Page 1 of 1