Japanimation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Mt. Carmel's Japanimation Forums! Weekly meetings are Thursdays at Lunch in N6!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  Reviews & RecommendationsReviews & Recommendations  MAS  VideosVideos  GamesGames  LinksLinks  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  
Welcome to the new year Japanimators! Meetings have begun in room K-3 Thursdays at lunch! We hope to see you there!
NOTICE! Because it's the start of the new year, all member EXP will be reset to zero.
ATTENTION: Our weekly meetings have been moved to Thursdays in Room K3! (English Building)
Interested in going to Anime Expo in 2016? Check out the details under the "Announcements" tab!
Miss a club meeting? Check out what we did this week on the Recap Tab!
Are you interested in presenting a review or recommendation? Go to the updated Reviews & Recommendations tab for more info!
Click on the Usergroups tab and join fangroups for your favorite anime/manga/video games!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Control Panel
Your Profile
Information
Preferences
Signature

Community
Friends and Foes
Memberlist
Groups

Private Messages
Inbox
Outbox

Forum Topics
Watched Topics
Favorites

Your RPG Character
Character Profile
Poll
What day do you want ASA to be on(After School Activity)
Monday
Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? Vote_lcap22%Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? Vote_rcap
 22% [ 13 ]
Tuesday
Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? Vote_lcap15%Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? Vote_rcap
 15% [ 9 ]
Wednesday
Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? Vote_lcap13%Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? Vote_rcap
 13% [ 8 ]
Thursday
Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? Vote_lcap15%Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? Vote_rcap
 15% [ 9 ]
Friday
Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? Vote_lcap35%Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? Vote_rcap
 35% [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 60
Music
JapaniMUSIC by Japanimation on Grooveshark
Follow Us on Facebook!

Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga?

Go down 
+8
ryusenshi
ShadowFire
Kaoru_135
Zero
nico
meyeri
Xartarin
A-AAC
12 posters

Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? (check all that apply)
Shonen
Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? Vote_lcap37%Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? Vote_rcap
 37% [ 18 ]
Shojo
Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? Vote_lcap18%Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? Vote_rcap
 18% [ 9 ]
Seinen
Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? Vote_lcap10%Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? Vote_rcap
 10% [ 5 ]
Josei
Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? Vote_lcap6%Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? Vote_rcap
 6% [ 3 ]
Shonen-Ai/Yaoi
Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? Vote_lcap14%Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? Vote_rcap
 14% [ 7 ]
Shojo-Ai/Yuri
Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? Vote_lcap2%Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Other
Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? Vote_lcap12%Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? Vote_rcap
 12% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 49

AuthorMessage
A-AAC
Geek
A-AAC

Character Profile
Class:
Level:
HP:
Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? Left_bar_bleue9999/9999Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? Empty_bar_bleue  (9999/9999)

Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga?   Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? EmptySun Sep 27 2009, 14:31

Just a little poll to know what kind of anime/manga everyone likes. Check all that apply.

Don't know what some of these terms mean?
Shonen- Targeted at boys 10-18. Fighting, violence, action, adventure, martial arts, sports, etc. (i.e. One Piece, Death Note, Naruto, Full Metal Alchemist, Dragonball Z)
Shojo-Targeted at girls 10-18. Romance, love, drama, etc. (i.e. Cardcaptor Sakura, Peach Girl, Ouran High School Host Club, Fruits Basket)
Seinen- Targeted at young men 18-30. Male heroes, honor, slapstick comedy, sometimes sexually explicit, business, crime, political drama, military adventures, etv. (i.e. XxxHoLic, Golden Boy, Yubisaki Milk Tea, Elfen Lied, Gunslinger Girl, Chobits)
Josei- Targeted at Young women 18-30.Everyday experiences of young women living in Japan, tends to be more restrained and realistic than shojo, about work, family, and romance, etc. (i.e. Kimi wa Petto, Nana, Honey and Clover, Nodame Cantible, Mars, Antique Bakery)
Shojo Ai/Yuri- Focuses on same-sex relationships between women. (I think its self-explanatory)
Shonen-Ai/Yaoi- Focuses on same-sex relationships between men. (Also self-explanatory. Want to know some good titles? PM me. <3)

Last edited by A-AAC on Sun Sep 27 2009, 22:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xartarin
Xartarin

Character Profile
Class:
Level:
HP:
Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? Left_bar_bleue999/999Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? Empty_bar_bleue  (999/999)

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga?   Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? EmptySun Sep 27 2009, 19:09

I doubt anyone's going to admit to reading/watching Yaoi or Yuri.
Back to top Go down
meyeri
Otaku
meyeri

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga?   Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? EmptySun Sep 27 2009, 19:26

the vote is anonymous, so why wouldn't they?
Back to top Go down
A-AAC
Geek
A-AAC

Character Profile
Class:
Level:
HP:
Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? Left_bar_bleue9999/9999Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? Empty_bar_bleue  (9999/9999)

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga?   Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? EmptySun Sep 27 2009, 22:45

Xartarin wrote:
I doubt anyone's going to admit to reading/watching Yaoi or Yuri.

I admit reading both, Zach. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Xartarin
Xartarin

Character Profile
Class:
Level:
HP:
Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? Left_bar_bleue999/999Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? Empty_bar_bleue  (999/999)

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga?   Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? EmptyMon Sep 28 2009, 18:07

I stand corrected
Back to top Go down
nico
Fan
nico

Character Profile
Class:
Level:
HP:
Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? Left_bar_bleue1/9999Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? Empty_bar_bleue  (1/9999)

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga?   Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? EmptyTue Sep 29 2009, 00:09

I read both also.
I just like yaoi better for obvious reasons.
Back to top Go down
Zero
Shut-in
Zero

Character Profile
Class: Prince
Level:
HP:
Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? Left_bar_bleue21/21Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? Empty_bar_bleue  (21/21)

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga?   Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? EmptyTue Sep 29 2009, 06:28

Shonen and Seinin (ones where there's almost NO explicit stuff) FTW. I avoid the last two because they make me want to run away or hide somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Kaoru_135

Character Profile
Class:
Level:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga?   Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? EmptyTue Sep 29 2009, 15:45

I think shonen is really cool but I also like shojo too.
Back to top Go down
ShadowFire
Otaku
ShadowFire

Character Profile
Class:
Level:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga?   Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? EmptyTue Sep 29 2009, 20:54

I'm teid between shonen and seinen styles. just keep it as clean as possible.
Back to top Go down
meyeri
Otaku
meyeri

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga?   Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? EmptyTue Sep 29 2009, 20:56

I like everything, except yaoi/yuri.
I haven't read any of it so I can't give an opinion.
Back to top Go down
ryusenshi
Otaku
ryusenshi

Character Profile
Class:
Level:
HP:
Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? Left_bar_bleue9001/9001Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? Empty_bar_bleue  (9001/9001)

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga?   Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? EmptyWed Sep 30 2009, 20:52

Shonen FTW
Back to top Go down
TheExorcist
Fan
TheExorcist

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga?   Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? EmptyThu Nov 12 2009, 18:03

I read mostly shonen but sometimes I can read shojo.
Back to top Go down
wolfieanimefan
wolfieanimefan

Character Profile
Class: Wizard
Level:
HP:
Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? Left_bar_bleue9223372036854775807/9223372036854775807Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? Empty_bar_bleue  (9223372036854775807/9223372036854775807)

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga?   Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? EmptyFri Dec 11 2009, 22:54

Shonen definitely
Back to top Go down
Narcken
Fan
Narcken

Character Profile
Class: Lazy Boi
Level:
HP:
Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? Left_bar_bleue1/10Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? Empty_bar_bleue  (1/10)

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga?   Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? EmptySun Jan 03 2010, 18:42

dont know about you guys, but for me its mech and physiological. oh and for yaoi and yuri, I dun like em, yaoi makes me have weird thoughts and yuri is, well... I dun noe I just dont like it.
Back to top Go down
Rekkusu
Rekkusu

Character Profile
Class:
Level:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga?   Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? EmptyMon Sep 22 2014, 09:45

Narcken wrote:
dont know about you guys, but for me its mech and physiological. oh and for yaoi and yuri, I dun like em, yaoi makes me have weird thoughts and yuri is, well... I dun noe I just dont like it.

Mmm hmm yes i agree with bout yaoi and yuri just dont like em Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga?   Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga? Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite Genre of Anime/Manga?
Page 1 of 1