Japanimation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Mt. Carmel's Japanimation Forums! Weekly meetings are Thursdays at Lunch in N6!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  Reviews & RecommendationsReviews & Recommendations  MAS  VideosVideos  GamesGames  LinksLinks  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  
Welcome to the new year Japanimators! Meetings have begun in room K-3 Thursdays at lunch! We hope to see you there!
NOTICE! Because it's the start of the new year, all member EXP will be reset to zero.
ATTENTION: Our weekly meetings have been moved to Thursdays in Room K3! (English Building)
Interested in going to Anime Expo in 2016? Check out the details under the "Announcements" tab!
Miss a club meeting? Check out what we did this week on the Recap Tab!
Are you interested in presenting a review or recommendation? Go to the updated Reviews & Recommendations tab for more info!
Click on the Usergroups tab and join fangroups for your favorite anime/manga/video games!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Control Panel
Your Profile
Information
Preferences
Signature

Community
Friends and Foes
Memberlist
Groups

Private Messages
Inbox
Outbox

Forum Topics
Watched Topics
Favorites

Your RPG Character
Character Profile
Poll
What day do you want ASA to be on(After School Activity)
Monday
Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)  Vote_lcap22%Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)  Vote_rcap
 22% [ 13 ]
Tuesday
Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)  Vote_lcap15%Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)  Vote_rcap
 15% [ 9 ]
Wednesday
Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)  Vote_lcap13%Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)  Vote_rcap
 13% [ 8 ]
Thursday
Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)  Vote_lcap15%Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)  Vote_rcap
 15% [ 9 ]
Friday
Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)  Vote_lcap35%Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)  Vote_rcap
 35% [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 60
Music
JapaniMUSIC by Japanimation on Grooveshark
Follow Us on Facebook!

Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
windscimitars
Shut-in
windscimitars

Character Profile
Class: Brawler
Level:
HP:
Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)  Left_bar_bleue700/700Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)  Empty_bar_bleue  (700/700)

Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)  Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)    Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)  EmptySat May 10 2014, 22:59

What's your favorite anime openings/endings of this season? because I'm in desperate need of collecting better songs things year. It can range from kick-ass action openings to slice-of-life endings with great singers. Post them here! I'd love to hear all of your favorites!

Personal Favorites:
(from the anime Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou)

(from the anime Hitsugi no Chaika)

AND I DON'T HAVE ANY ENDINGS BECAUSE I AM LAZY TO WATCH THE CREDITS /yolo
So send in all your suggestions guys!
Back to top Go down
Locke
Grand Senpai
Locke

Character Profile
Class: Ninja
Level: 100
HP:
Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)  Left_bar_bleue999/999Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)  Empty_bar_bleue  (999/999)

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)    Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)  EmptySun May 11 2014, 20:40

Sad because haven't had time to watch anything from this season yet
I think I'm now under the mindset that I should just wait until they're completed and marathon them. >.>

So aside from the Captain Earth opening which I am obsessed with and already posted in this forum--
hahaha no, I'm going to post it here anyway because why not /shot

"Believers High" by flumpool (Captain Earth OP)

-waits patiently for full version-

Even though I haven't really watched anything, I do watch all the PVs that come up on Anime News Network. So sometimes I get attached to the openings before the anime even premieres.

This is the opening for The Irregular at Magic High School (Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei), which I haven't seen yet... (Does anyone know if it's good? Or bad? Because the internet has a love/hate relationship with it, it seems)

But I do like the song since I heard it in the PV ;P

"Rising Hope" by LiSA (The Irregular at Magic High School OP)
Back to top Go down
windscimitars
Shut-in
windscimitars

Character Profile
Level:
HP:
Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)  Left_bar_bleue700/700Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)  Empty_bar_bleue  (700/700)

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)    Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)  EmptySun May 11 2014, 22:58

@Erin:
I can see why you like Captain Earth's OP (besides the fact it's the only one you've watched this season XD). I love the vocals and soothing vibe of the song in contrast to all the typique shounen action and characters in the opening. Kudos to FlumPool Very Happy Gonna mark down it's release date. 

As for Mahouka, well there are pros and cons. 

Pro:
1) The action is holy-my-god-this-shiz-is-amazing-asdfgh. Madhouse dud an amazing job with this series' fight and general animation. If your looking for cutting-edge-technology type of animation and music, I'd recommend this 

2) There is a huge amount of lore and terminology in this series that makes it more indepth. As Weasly says, read the light novels to understand the series more. Also the plot revolves around segregation and radical parties within the school that seek equality with their peers; so there's a lot of action/mystery plot for the story to go by. I actually enjoy the overall plot.

Cons: (most of these might sound bias since I watch the show)
 1) The main character is your typical OP Kirito with the looks and attitude of Haruka from Free! He's this "mysterious" student who's a natural chick magnet and is suprisingly very skilled than what his rank is society suggests. I guess people get irritated with this since most OP characters tend to be hated/disliked among the community. 

2) Chick magnet = harem series. Even the lil' imouto is thrown in there as one of the major love interests too 

3) The opening: as much as I respect LiSa for doing a pretty decent job with the opening, I can't help but compare it to Nano's Btoom! opening "No Pain, No Game". At the beginning (esp. with the background vocals) it sounds VERY familiar to "No Pain, No Game"; only about an octave higher... Maybe LiSA's trying out a new style but I still feel kinda icky about it. No me gusta unoriginal songs with similar tunes/chords
Back to top Go down
Noobles
Grand Senpai
Noobles

Character Profile
Class: Regalia
Level:
HP:
Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)  Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)  Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)    Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)  EmptyMon May 12 2014, 17:39

Aw, Erin already picked "Believers High" by flumpool (Captain Earth OP) :/
That one is really good. Full Opening is still another 2 weeks from now...

I personally like "black bullet" by fripside for Black Bullet OP.
Though, it sounds a lot like Attack on Titan OP and Accel World ED. Rip offs =w=

I actually really like No Game No Life's Opening as well. Favorite part is the beginning with the piano.
Here's an extended version. Most aren't the best quality sadly.
Back to top Go down
casunfish
casunfish

Character Profile
Class: Alchemist
Level:
HP:
Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)  Left_bar_bleue731/800Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)  Empty_bar_bleue  (731/800)

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)    Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)  EmptyMon May 12 2014, 21:11

The anime I'm watching this season are Haikyuu!!, Captain Earth, Mekakucity Actors, and Soul Eater Not! Out of these four, I definitely like the Haikyuu!! and Mekakucity Actors openings.

This one is sung by GARNiDELiA, the same artist who did the second OP for Kill la Kill.
Back to top Go down
http://klnu.tumblr.com
Noobles
Grand Senpai
Noobles

Character Profile
Class: Regalia
Level:
HP:
Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)  Left_bar_bleue1000/1000Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)  Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)    Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)  EmptyTue May 13 2014, 21:03

@Clarie: Those are some good choices. I love Mekakucity Actor's OP as well. The ending is kinda sad though... Hiyori and Hibiya ;w;

@Erin: Um, Erin? Even though the full version of "Believers High" by flumpool was suppose to come out May 21st, I might have somehow got the full version already o.o

AND IT SOUNDS SO NICE. Wish I was in space right now instead of reviewing APUSH =w=
Back to top Go down
windscimitars
Shut-in
windscimitars

Character Profile
Level:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)    Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)  EmptyThu May 15 2014, 06:20

@Claire: 
I love those openings. Mekakucity Actors's opening gives off this vibe of an awesome supernatural/urban fantasy story and the singer's voice is wonderful. (I never knew that she was also the one who did KLK's opening theme song too.... I should look into that). I found a Nico Nico Chorus version of the opening and I'll say this, it's addicting. 

Back to top Go down
casunfish
casunfish

Character Profile
Class: Alchemist
Level:
HP:
Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)  Left_bar_bleue731/800Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)  Empty_bar_bleue  (731/800)

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)    Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)  EmptyThu May 15 2014, 10:03

@Agnes the Nico Nico Chorus version of Days is really incredible! I really like it.
@Kwok-wai the ending is so sad it really reminds you how depressing things are sometimes for the Mekakushi Dan... QAQ

To be honest, there's a lot of problems with the Soul Eater Not!, but I'd have to say the opening is pretty nice. The art style and animation is pretty horrendous though..

Also here's the Haikyuu ED because I really like it too and why not

The artist is NICO Touches the Walls, who also did the 2nd OP for FMA:B.
Back to top Go down
http://klnu.tumblr.com
windscimitars
Shut-in
windscimitars

Character Profile
Level:
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)    Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)  EmptyThu May 15 2014, 10:36

@Claire: 
Man that Soul Eater Not! opening... It sounds so innocent, something like a Love Lab opening or something. So disappointed that this spin-off is going towards the "slice-of-life, school life" route, though that antagonist with the long red/black braid looks fairly interesting. 

AND DID I JUST SEE LIZ AND PATTY IN THAT OPENING? The original Soul Eater really needs a reboot for the animation and plot lol.

Aaaahhhhh NICO Touches Walls~ Love the band after listening to One Piece's 14th opening. The singer's voice just has that deep vibrato that just resonates within you, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)    Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite Anime Opening/Endings (Spring 2014)
Page 1 of 1